rickymix

Default Aloha Y'all! (PT-LE Stereo chs to Mono.)

(Continuation)... Aloha from Hawaii, guys!
I've taken my PT Laptop travel rig for a milk run to my brother's
place in Hawaii.

Next question;
I'll often be recording Uke mic'ed with the 451 and
simultaniously direct from its Fishman pickup. Similarly, Acoustic
Guitar will be recorded mic'ed plus through a Seymour Duncan "Woody"
humbucker. (BTW, this cheapy turned out to be my favorite "strat-ish"
sounding AcGtr pickup from last month's thread, and I tried them all.
Plus, I was able to whittle down the wood to where it fit in the 3.25"
soundhole of my little Seagull Parlour guitar.)
So I'd like to record say, a uke part, to a "stereo" track, (so
I don't have to worry about inducing phase problems by accidentally
nudging a mono track). But I want to eventually be able to EQ and
Effect the mic track differently than the direct track. The only way
I can think of to do this is to buss the "stereo" recorded track to 2
mono aux returns, and then hide the original stereo track to save
screen space.
Is there a more elegant way to do this? And also, do those Aux
tracks use up PT "voices"? Hopefully not, as I've only got 32 total.
Thanks, as always for sharing your expertise.
Cheers, Rick.