Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Best digital music recording program

In article , Trevor wrote:

Funny, my digital files from 30 years ago are still playable, and far
better quality than my tapes of that time. But hey, some people thought
the car would never replace the horse and cart too. Some people would
prefer we live in that world now. There will always be a place for
nostalgia enthusiasts I guess.

Checked them recently?

I have boxes of CD-Rs that no longer play reliably.

Interestingly enough, DAT seems to have survived very well. Everybody is
paranoid about DAT failures but they actually have held up better than
such a horrible format has any right to.