Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Thank you Richard. That's what I mean. Is there any software to test the QUALITY of one's CD audio burn?

geoff wrote:

[quoting OP]

Of course not. But when I am listening to music on my stereo system,
I can do without the slow, static 'pops' that can occur for me when
writing at a speed greater than 4x. The problem occurs during loud
passages or when a soprano goes into the top of her range.

Zero correlation to cd-burn process. Correlation to clipping is 0.99999999!

Please describe your playback equipment. The simplest explanation is that
you are clipping your poweramplifier. Less simple explanations are possible,
including as Geoff suggested digital overload in the preparation of the CD.
Such will as an example be probable for CD's made from mp3 files because of
the overshoot inherent in mp3 encode and decode.

geoff

Kind regards

Peter Larsen