Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default Thank you Richard. That's what I mean. Is there any software to test the QUALITY of one's CD audio burn?

"Albie" wrote in message
Yes. I'm curious why all the angst about audio CD quality: are you going
into the replication business?

Of course not. But when I am listening to music on my stereo system,
I can do without the slow, static 'pops' that can occur for me when
writing at a speed greater than 4x. The problem occurs during loud
passages or when a soprano goes into the top of her range.

Get a new drive then, and/or buy some decent disks.

The threads I'm receiving are now making me believe I may just need a
higher quality (more expensive) CD player.

Might be the problem too. Even new cheap players will cope with burmed
disks, how much you pay should depend on the quality of the rest of your
system

8-( I'll start checking
into this. I would like a carousel if possible for convenience in
playing multi-disk operas.

Most people have stopped using those horrible things ages ago, and started
using a computer or hard drive media player instead. You will no longer have
problems with CDR's then either! And instant access to hundreds of hours of
music is a bonus.

(I always used Taiyo Juden blanks, and I
have fiddled with every known make of burner.)

But how long ago, if you still need to burn at 4x? You must have been doing
something wrong, or been *very* unlucky, in any case. I've been burning
fault free CD's at 16x or more, for over a decade. And not just with
Plextor's either :-)

MrT.