Posted to rec.audio.car
Randy Zimmerman Randy Zimmerman is offline

Default 304 SS Weldment Thermal Stress Relieving - Ernie, a couple questions for you, please

out of the simpler atoms of water and the carbon dioxide of the air.
*
* An enormous local decrease in entropy may be associated with quite a
* moderate energy transfer.

Sunshine on a photosynthesising leaf. The Sun as direct life-giver.
Causing matter to become more complex: simple atoms transformed to
more complex molecules. On purpose, to sustain life.

Ground zero, a soup-of-life mixture zapped with energy:

Scientists have absolutely no problem creating amino acids - the building
blocks of all life - from constituent chemicals. It takes a Darwinian
amount of time to get higher-evolved life forms, but it eventually happens.

This property of matter to spontaneously become more complex is called
negentropy (negative entropy), and it means 'matter formatted by information'.

* "Platform for Change", by Stafford Beer, 1978, ISBN 0 471 06189 1
*
* We human beings mean more than the few-pence-worth of our chemical
* constituents, because information *informs* those component chemicals
* by means of a genetic blueprint.
*
* Life itself is a negentropy pump. The universe means more than a