Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default turntable nightmare

"jakdedert" wrote in message
.. .
I think one of the reasons today's audio gear is so "bad" has a lot to

do
with the fact that hi-fi audio is not a popular hobby any more.

The difference is that a good $500 amp from the 70's can often be found
at yard sale prices today. Many were built very well and still meet spec.
So the real issue becomes a $50 (used) amp WAY outperforming a modern
$500 amp...and possibly equal to a modern $4000 amp. For my money....

Sure, quite possible. But how does that apply to the assertion that today's
gear is "bad", simply because S/H gear might be cheaper?

MrT.