Posted to rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.pro
roughplanet roughplanet is offline

Default America has a great new concert hall

"paul packer" wrote in message

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:49:15 +1000, "bassett wrote:

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
. ..

"Robert Morein" wrote in message...

"Jenn" wrote in message...

Soundhaspriority wrote:

"Harry Lavo" wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message...

The Schermerhorn is finally open. It's a stunning hall and
itr's reported to have incredible acoustics. It's very similar
to both Boston Symphony Hall and the Concertgeboux in
terms of volume, layout and seating capacity. The
acousticians tried to combine the best of both halls,
the volume and projection of the Concertgeobux
combined with the clarity of the Boston. Everything has
been factored in, from the seat padding to the design of
refracting and reflecting surfaces.
The hall itself is separated from the "outer box" by a three
(or is it two?) inch acoustic gap and all of the
mechanicals are isolated in the outer box.

Here's the fact sheet:

http://www.nashvillesymphony.org/res...pdf#search=%22

Compare to Verizon Hall in Philly. Verizon Hall is separated
from the "outer box" via a 10 foot space. The
outer box
stands free within the Kimmel Center, which also houses the
smaller Perelman Theater.
Unfortunately, it appears to have serious problems. See
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15291303.htm for a
description of the problems.

snip further description for the sake of brevity

Churches will no doubt be along anytime soon, to correct your mistakes,
and give everyone his expert opinion, on all the above.

Sorry Bassett. Can't oblige. I thought it an excellent and thought-
inspiring thread.
I have worked on recording projects at the Concertgebouw
on several occasions. A wonderful concert hall with fine-sounding
organ.
Unfortunately, I have never been to Boston's Symphony Hall:-(
Maybe one day:-)
I notice, Bassett, that you had no observations to make on what Robert,
Jen, Dave and Harry wrote above. So why did you bother to post at
all? :-((

Predictable as always,, where would we all be without the know-all
churches [he doesn't rate a capital letter to his monica ] giving his
valuable
opinion on everything. All correct and in it's place.. How bloody
boring.
Why would anyone want to talk about the sewer called Americia, Just don't
remind me. been there, done that. and there woman can't give a good

head job to save there lives. But on reflection, there all a lot like
you
churches.. there also into self-promotion.

You've gone downhill in the last few months, bassett, and there wasn't
a lot of room to manoevre in the first place.

Yep, I'm afraid bassett's gone to the dogs. And I disagree most vehemently
about American women (aaaaaaaaaaah....... what a night).

ruff