Mike Rivers

Default Scott Dorsey Sebatron Review

This is a real zoo. I know Scott, but who are all these other people?
And has anyone else seen a Sebatron preamp? I like to read about
products I can (and might) buy, or products that are available to
people who have a whole lot more money that I do, or products that are
used by people in other areas of audio in which I don't participate.

But this is beginning to sound like a review of policies, not a review
or even informal comments about a preamp.

I don't read the recording.org forum, but if reviews are a feature,
either they should be understood as a free-for-all, or there should be
some dialog and fact-checking between the reviewer and the
manufacturer before anything is published as a revirew. Everything
that Scott, Dave, Paul, I, and others have reviewed for Recording has
been sent to the manufacturer for fact-checking, responses, and
perhaps information about updates before it goes to press. If
recording.org is going to play the role of a publisher, then they
should treat their reviews (and reviewers) as other publishers would
treat them. And if it's going to be an open forum, then there
shouldn't be any censorship. I'm sure the manufacturer's comments are
as welcome as the reviewer's.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )