Chris Hornbeck

On 4 May 2005 20:24:31 -0700, "Steve Scott"
wrote:

Can you comment on the response or performance of that amp with
less-sensitive speakers? I've also been told it might not do so well
with highly dynamic digital sources... ?

What speakers? Can you find their sensitivity spec? It'll
be something in xx dBSPL/1W/1M or something like that.

How close to the speakers do you expect to be listening?
A +14dBW per channel amplifier pair can make an uncorrelated
+17dBW at 1meter (nearfield) from a one watt source.

If you consider 80dB SPL (loud for me, but I'm old) to be
0VU, then even an old party like a Mc225 can make 88 + 17
= 105 dBSPL uncorrelated (the classic ((marginally true
these days)) orchestral peak volume) with a typical 88dB
SPL/1W/1M monitor pair and an assumed 17 dB peak to average
ratio.

More, is, as always, more. And "cain't hoit".
But smaller has it's own rewards. I started to extrapolate
into Western tastes of males for females, but that's
just WRONG, as my new coworker Lee puts it so eloquently,
and so often.

Whip me, beat me, make me write bad checks,

Chris Hornbeck
"Clean, edgy, gutless, and lifeless." -Dan Kennedy