Johnston West

Default What Does "XLR" Mean? -- Official Answer

Terry King wrote in message

so they designed the "UA" series which were D shaped
connectors. Mics such as the EV 666 and 654 used these........

The 654 and 666 had XLR's; I have a 654 in my hand.

I have never seen a microphone with a built-in-the-case UA connector.

Update on that! Ray Rayburn has showed me four!! so, I am corrected on
that, although we agree the 654 has XLR. Take a look at:
http://www.k-bay106.com/e-v_667.jpg
for a EV 667 AND the EV preamp, all with UA connectors...

Yup, that's a UA series "D" connector, just as sure as it's shape.

J_West