Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default Best speaker under $1000/Pair

On May 18, 6:21*pm, Boon wrote:
On May 18, 3:17*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On May 18, 11:05*am, Boon wrote:

On May 18, 7:36*am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On May 18, 12:50*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

*Boon wrote:
On May 16, 10:25*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
I'm curious what speakers people would recommend under $1000/pair.

These don't have to be current. If JBL L-100s are your thing they'd
qualify (I'm no fan of most JBL products, I'm just saying A/D/S or
other vintage designs qualify).

My personal take is that any good designer should be able to get good
sound on a "cost is no object" basis. What's interesting is the
compromises made to get the best sound possible for a reasonable cost.

The Vandersteen 1Cs are definitely one of the best.

Indeed. *I think that they are one of the best I've heard for the money.

I have four of them for my tv surround system.

Cool. Are you still using Vandersteen 3s for your main system?

no, Vanderdsteen 4's

Did you always have 4s, or did you once have 3s?

Both are great speakers. I heard the 5s a couple of years ago with all-
Nagra equipment and it was an amazing system in every way.

never had 3's, had 2ce's before the 4's