Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jay-atldigi Jay-atldigi is offline

Default SAE fun

In article ,
(Don Pearce) wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 23:24:18 +0100, "Rudi Gerberich"
wrote:

http://www.saecollege.de/reference_m.../Recorders.htm
read "Sampling Rate" - enjoy;-)

I understood sampling theory ten minutes ago. I don't any more.

That link contains what may be the worst bunch of crap I've ever seen.
Never mind the lack of clarity in the writing, but it's just not
accurate.

If this is what they're teaching their students, no wonder professional
audio is suffering. How do they let that stuff through? Isn't anybody
paying attention? If the author was actually correct about sampling, and
had managed to prove Nyquist and Shannon wrong, I imagine he would have
gotten an invitation to a dinner from those nice people at Nobel, and we
all would have heard about it. Sheesh. How depressing.

--
Jay Frigoletto
Mastersuite