Posted to rec.audio.pro
Pooh Bear

Default a/d converter

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Pooh Bear wrote:
Gigio wrote:

I can't affor at the moment a new Prism a/d 2, so I'm wondering if something
like a RME ADI2 can help me to improve the general sound of my recordings or
it's better my 'old' prism, recording at 24/48.

Extra high sampling rates will recreate frequencies you can't hear.

Is that something you need ?

For LP transcription it can be, since those frequencies contain noise
that help declicking algorithms key on the exact width of an impulse.

I can see the logic in that.

For live recording, I think the jury is still out on whether ultrasonic
reproduction helps any. It clearly doesn't help a whole lot if any.

How about 44.1 vs 48 ?

Graham