Mike Rivers

In article . com writes:

I think it would be reasonable to expect a clear listing of
things to do, but for the most part it's a bunch of hints and tips that
might work.

This is the way things go when you're trying to support a program in
an environment that you can never be sure of. It's a series of
try-this-try-that, stop when you think you got it working, and then
see what else might be broken.

I've been telling some virus-related stories here lately and I just
discovered this morning that I can't run the update to Zone Alarm. It
just won't run at all. I'm beginning to suspect that something is
still messed up in Windows (though I haven't resorted to a re-install)
perhaps related to a temporary directory that can't be found. But the
lack of error messages makes troubleshooting difficult.

You do the best you can, and when you decide that you've wasted enough
time on it, you cut your losses and try something else. There's always
a market for your M-Box on eBay.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )