Default Very frustrated with Mbox/Windows XP

Hey there,

Am I the only one with a non-functioning Mbox? I've had this thing for
a year and every time I try to get it to work, I spend a day and a half
trying everything, pulling my hair out and not doing the project I
wanted to, and then leave it for another 6 months.

I get constant 9129 and 9093 errors, despite having shut off every
extension, disconnecting my wireless, etc. I can't record reliably for
longer than one minute. I've looked all over the DUC and answer base.

I have a nice T41 laptop that I think is one of DIGI's recomended
computers.

Is it wrong to think that DIGI should provide a list of things to do to
absolutely make this thing work? I feel like I paid $350 something for
a kit.

The worst part is that all I need to do is record one or two tracks for
NPR type radio things. I'm wondering if I should put this thing on
EBay and get a USB soundcard that I can use with some stable audio
editor? I tried using Audacity, but the latency is annoying.

Any suggestions? I'm pulling my hair out right now.

Thanks
Paul