Mr. Tawny the talking tiger

McFarty is blowing smoke again. I can tell he's never worked retail new or
used hifi. He's lying or misinformed like always. The Orion is a scam by
and for dealers. You want to know what a piece is worth? Go to eBay,
search for the exact piece you are looking for (or the closest model with
the same features). Then go to the left menu bar and click on completed
items. That's the true test of what people in the real world are willing to
pay. The only exception being a high demand piece that are in short supply.
Ken's Mac pieces come to mind (mmmm, Mac goodness, tasty.....)

Remember too, dealers are not required by law to do squat, test, repair or
bring something to spec (at least in most of the US, I believe in parts of
Europe and Asia that isn't the case). It's just sound business sense. If
you **** a few people off, it doesn't take long for people to realize you
run a shoddy business. Remember also that stores are not required to accept
returned stuff either.

Used gear is like a used car (look on the window of a used a car at a lot,
you'll notice a warranty sticker that is required by law, and 99% of the
time it says AS IS! No warranty), you pay more from a dealer, but you can
and often do get a better deal from a private party. There are exceptions
to this rule, but not many.

Oh well, at least he's funny!