RD Jones

Distracted wrote:

In another exchange ("Microphone for Interviews"), the EV635A was
recommended as *THE* microphone for broadcast interviews. Someone else
has recommended the AKG D230 as an alternative. The AKG is more
attractive in terms of pricing, but can anyone offer other differences?

Thanks.

If price is the determining factor you could
even get by with the Radio Shack omni dynamic
model 33-1070. Looks a lot like the EV RE50
but I think it's actually made by Shure.
No longer sold new but they should be plentiful
used and on eBay. I see them quite often at
hamfests in the $20-$30 range.

rd