Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man Chris K-Man is offline

Default How to play CDs in new cars...

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 7:14:51 PM UTC-4, Tobiah wrote:
On 6/10/2021 5:58 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 6/10/2021 12:23 PM, Tobiah wrote:
It's definitely time to drop the CD's. There is really no need for
mechanical storage anymore.

Sure there is. You can take it with you and you know where it is.
Take care of your CDs and they'll last the rest of your life. No need
to access the Internet to put data there and then take it out.

This might be fine if your want to take 5 CD's in the car and put
them in a visor case, but fumbling with a CD at all is really a
necessity of the past.
Copy 100 hours of music files to your phone and you'll be entertained
for a long, but without a good data base you won't be able to find a
specific song if you want it.

For me, it's just "Hey Google, play Dark Side of the Moon", and it's there.

Also, "play classic rock from the '70s", or "play lute music". The AI
is getting freakishly good, and it's time to embrace the new way.

You 'embrace' whatever way you want to, and I'll embrace my
way. How's that sound, Mr. Y?