Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jerry Steiger Jerry Steiger is offline

Default Simple Audio Test Chamber

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
If you're going to do it from three feet away, buy one of the Tannoy dual
concentric loudspeakers and try it. You can buy one of the nicer Series
600
monitors for good money, or buy a used i6 for cheap, and they will
probably
do what you want. The nice thing about these speakers is that they are as
close to constant directivity as you can get, and the pattern is the same
in all directions; it has radial symmetry.

The 600 sounds like a great choice. It looks like they are discontinued. If
I can find a single, I should be able to talk my boss into springing for
one. He may not want to spring for a pair, which is the way they mostly seem
to be available. I'll check into the i6 as well.

Do the measurement outside, in an open field, high off the ground on
a ladder if possible. You will be able to do good measurements at lower
frequencies more effectivity in an open field than with a small chamber.
Even voice frequencies.

That will work for the next couple of months, but then the rains come! I
should do some outdoor testing now to use as a baseline for chamber testing.

Thanks again!

Jerry Steiger