Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jerry Steiger Jerry Steiger is offline

Default Simple Audio Test Chamber

"hank alrich" wrote in message
Chris Hornbeck wrote:

Fourth and post-mortem, it's voice range, so why do you care? Arf!

There must be something critical about the communication link
represented by the laptop. If that's the case, then why not a headset
instead of the computer's mic and speaker?

It's not a laptop, it' more like a PDA or a smart phone on steroids. Just
fitting in a speaker is a problem, since we don't have near the volume and
area available that a laptop has. (We also don't have as much other stuff to
fit in either, but getting room for good audio performance is tough.)

Our customers can use a head set, but most of them don't want to. A lot of
them are surveyors. They don't like wired headsets because wires get snagged
by brush and they don't like wireless headsets because battery life is often
not good enough for a full days work. They work in the rain and either type
doesn't live very long in the wet. A good waterproof Bluetooth headset with
long battery life would be a nice accessory for us, but we don't have the
resources to design one ourselves and haven't found one from anyone else. If
you or anyone else has some leads I would love to hear about them.

Thanks!

Jerry Steiger