Mark Stebbeds

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 09:29:18 -0600, "Steve King"
wrote:

In helping to clear up a friend's estate, I'm having similar problems.
Years of annual requests for disposition instructions for session tapes have
apparently been ignored by labels and/or artists.

Years ago I was working at a studio where Rick Nelson had recently
recorded in the months before his death.

The next day after the plane crash, his engineer came storming into
the studio to scoop up any masters that were there. I don't know if
he was representing the artist's estate, or if he was just trying to
be a good guy and prevent any funny business.

In any case, we didn't have anything because they always carried the
tapes with them when they came and went, but we had to let the guy
rummage through the tape vault to get him to shut up and go away.

mark