Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default More Stereo from Mono

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 5:19:13 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
"Nil" wrote in message ...

On 15 Mar 2016, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote in rec.audio.pro:

But to suggest he has wilfully destroyed this Usegroup is just
plain fantasy.

He has done it before to other newsgroups. He's doing it again here -
with assistance.

Though I have leaned a few things I wouldn't have otherwise in the
process, and had a good laugh at times.

Your "good laugh" has been at the expense of this group.

If I thought I was clogging up this board by doing this I wouldn't
be doing it.

It's not "clogging up", it's promoting the toxic stink of ignorance,
racism, homophobia, anti-Semitism, fascism, and bigotry.

There is Free Speech, there is Trolling, there is the Filter Button in many
cases.

Then there is self imposed Anger from deliberately reading stuff you know
you will not like.

Why are you doing this?

Gareth.

And, Gareth, I do not make a lot of friends, but enemies for enhancing audio. It, in my mind, makes them jealous, so I lose friendships, as they feel I'm showing off. Even during CD reviews, one privately contacted me, and begins trashing me in e-mail. But, after chatting and getting to know each other, even he recently said, I paraphrase, "I'd rather have you remaster it, than that Joe."

How I operate: I first look at a waveform, that tells me a good story. Then, before starting, I open WinAmp to see what real-time frequency equalization I should add (easier to add than subtract). If it has some peaks that limit amplitude too much, I use Goldwave's Light Dynamic boost, that helps even things out. After I apply frequency correction, I give it a listen as the 160kbps MP3 I plan to post. I keep iterating (sometimes LOTS, an entire evening plus) until I am satisfied. Sometimes, I trim peaks. I always compare the lower bitrate MP3 to the original higher bit rate source MP3 to make sure I didn't lose anything.

Yet, they claim I don't tell them what I do.

And, yes, I can tolerate people like Geoff (and others) who tease me, just because it was I who discovered the 3kHz secret to music, thanks to Neil Young's PONO thing.

Jack