Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default RCA Output voltage

How is adding more detail and expanding on things "nitpicking"?

I already gave you an example at the beginning of this thread: "Noise
immunity" vs. "covering up".

Frankly, "covering up" is a much better term because "immunity" implies
eradication of noise. Like if you are given a vaccine against a particular
disease, you are immune to it's effects. If you are exposed to the disease
(in this case "noise"), an immunity would imply it would have absolutely no
effect on you (like immunization against small pox implies if you are
exposed to the smallpox virus, it will have absolutely no effect). This IS
NOT a good analogy to what we are talking about with noise. If you have a
sever ground-loop problem, a high-voltage pre-amp does not give you
"immunity" against ground loop noise.

Covering-up is a MUCH BETTER analogy (though perhaps not perfect) than
"immunity".

THIS MATT, IS THE KIND OF NITPICKING I'M TALKING ABOUT. BLOCK ME OR LEAVE
MY POSTS ALONE (unless, of course, I get something horribly wrong like your
advice about there being no such thing as a pre-amp for an iRiver you gave
that guy).

Thank you,

Nick