Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Does this look like an authentic film of an actual recording?

In article ,
Ty Ford wrote:
Well what sort of person would use a tape brand called DIC ;-?

I have a box of recorded DATs. I think I recall an issue with DIC DATs, but it's lost in the haze. I'll have to wander through that box, if I can find it.

The factory was in Norfolk so they turned up locally at good prices, but
they were all bad. All of them.

When the factory shut down I bought a bunch of stuff from them including
lots of 1/2" Precision reels in weird sizes, and they had pallets of DAT
and Exabyte tapes going for very low prices but I did not touch that.

I also have two working Panasonic SV3900 DAT machines and a remote control.

You could do worse.