Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Question re proper sealing of woofers with enclosure

On 10/09/2019 1:48 am, Scott Dorsey wrote:
..

Agreed. But I suggest that likely the new foam is probably closer to what
JBL initially intended than the old, failing foam.

That certainly was the case with my domestic hi-fi speakers. Bought them
'used' in an online auction, and when the cabinets opened (drivers are
internal) I could see through the foam of two driver through to the
bottom of the cabinet !

The foam had been eaten by the bacteria, decomposed, or whatever it is
that happens.

KEF Reference R107. Pretty much flat down to 20Hz.

geoff