Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Avigdor Jakubinsky Avigdor Jakubinsky is offline

Default Martin Logen's ESL Sequel II Laboratory and other tests

Hi all ML owners,

I have had been usin my Sequel II - Martin Logan's fantastic ESLs since Aug=
.. 1990 !!! I had my first issue with one panel only after 3 months of use, =
(Balance issue) I noticed that the sound "moved" to the left area of the sp=
eaker yet in almost full db., I have contacted ML and got a brand new pair =
of panels shipped by airplane to Israel free of charge, after installing th=
e new pair the speakers worked 20 years without any degradation signs until=
recent year after moving to my new home by the sea-shore... that the sound=
got weaker and weaker from the static section yet evenly. I have read you=
r comments in this forum and I am going to check several parts, btw, after =
air-conditioning the room the sound level from the stat gets much better.

1. Power supply (Required HV voltmeter range that is not a common one)
2. Capacitance of the Hi frequency crossover's capacitors in each speaker.
(I hope the value is registered on them)
3. The "corona" damages mention before.
4. I used to work for CISCO SYSTEMS back then, and remember using a static =
=20
Electricity measuring device, I may borrow one and hope to get some =20
Information out of it and for your information, if you unplug the AC a=
nd the sound immediately drops it means that the problem is more likely has=
to do with the level of the power supply voltage.

Please contact me if you would like to share your experiences hereto.

Best Regards

Avigdor Jakubinsky=20
www.dorylux.com
972-54-4424848