Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Unable to Burn WAV file as Audio CD

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 21:19:24 +0000, harry wrote:

I have a number of WAV files obtained from various devices such as
Voice Recorders and a Music notation program. These play without any
problem but won't Burn as an Audio Cd from Windows Media Player or
some Burning programs .

I've found that if I load them into Media Player and play them they
will then burn. If I load them into Media Player and save them I can
Burn the saved version any CD Burner.

Any ideas on why they don't work without "doctoring"?

regards

Harry

A WAV file can contain all sorts of formats, only one of which will
burn straight to CD - linear PCM. When you load the file into Media
Player it gets decoded to the LPCM format which will burn nicely.