Posted to sci.physics,sci.optics,rec.audio.tech
hanson[_2_] hanson[_2_] is offline

Default audio telescope?

"Don Pearce" wrote:
"hanson" corrected ||| in
message ... & wrote:
hanson wrote:
"Don Pearce" wrote:
------------
Don, above is what you call the Preamble.
Most of the time I put it there to show who
did partake in the discussion that follows.
------------

"Don Pearce" wrote:
A telescope makes things look closer.
A directional microphone makes things sound closer.

hanson wrote:
Bull horns and loudspeakers are certainly NOT
audio telescopes as inferred by other posters.

A telescope, audio or video, is a passive instrument
that absorbs incoming info/energy, like these audio
gismos he
http://www.lilesnet.com/didjaknow/eardar/
||| "Eardar" (ahahaha..) just listens for noise while
||| "radar" "radio-yells" & then listens for the echo.

In/on a related issue, what is a
passive AUDIO MICROSCOPE and what does it do?

"Don Pearce" wrote:
The threading has confused me. The bits that start with
"Hanson Wrote" - are they quotes from earlier posts by
you? How does that work?
If you are just replying, please omit that pre-amble.
The news system makes it clear without that.

hanson wrote:
.... ahahaha... it does not matter whether it says
"wrote" or "writes"... By the time you read it, it IS
a "wrote", n'est pas... ahahahaah...

Don, there are all kinds of new readers, each with
a different format, and then there are poster who
mangle the threads, switch topic & suject lines...

When I reply, or OP, I always put in
== "Poster's name" wrote: ==
with the intent to ID who said what, because the
"" type system is not universal.

Some posters use "|||", others ":::" or no markers
at all. Google leaves in "Hyde text"; Still others
use a full line of "=========" or "---------------"

There is no uniform "news system, Don. Live with it,
besides, "An Eagle does not hunt fFies"... So, do
address the issue, instead of whining over format.
Thanks for the laughs, though... ahahahanson