Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.music.classical.recordings,rec.audio.opinion,alt.music.home-studio,rec.audio.pro
Mogens V. Mogens V. is offline

Default Adding reverb to hi-fi

Laurence Payne wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:26:57 +0200, "Mogens V."
wrote:

Of cause not. However, I fail to see how the fixed room can provide
what's not present in a 2D stereo recording.

But, somehow, you CAN get 3D from 2-channel playback. It's
non-intuitive, and easy to argue against. But it happens.

Yes, I do know what you mean. I wrote in another post I do have good
stereo imaging and spacial definition _behind_ speakers; it's in the
real part of the room _I'm_ in that's missing 3D definition.
It's a new appartment, so I haven't finished the interior, meaning I'm
aware I have some standing waves and reflections to deal with.
It'll probably all fall nicely in place in due time, so I'll 'delay'
looking into artificial arrrangements till then.

I always get so much good info out of you guys'n'girls in here

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.