Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Defeating digital mixer in audio interface.

On 18/12/2019 12:12 pm, Tobiah wrote:
My interface has an option that disables all internal
mixing.Â* No monitor mix available, and I guess, one would
have to do all other routing within the DAW.Â* Why would
a person want to do this?Â* Is anything gained in fidelity
by sidestepping an ADC or DAC someplace?Â* With such a
configuration is there no way to monitor an input other
than by round trip through the computer?

Probably no benefit other than catering to those who have a desire to
minimalise their AD/DA experience, maybe bypassing some interface DSPery.

geoff