Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Audiophile Headphones that will work with the Mophie Case onthe Apple 5s Case

On 10/24/2014 4:49 PM, wrote:
Shouldn't have to force consumers to buy adapters for a function as basic as plugging in headphones/buds.

I once wrote an editorial entitled "Let George Do It" (that's an old
saying probably from before your time) that was about this very thing -
I was seeing a lot of audio products that were incomplete in themselves
and you needed to buy something that you weren't likely to have on hand
in order to use it. The point was that the product manufacturer didn't
give you the whole package, you ("George") had to do the research and
find what you needed to make it work in your system.

One example is a CD player with a coax digital output and a receiver
with a Toslink digital input for a CD player. Sure, you could buy a
different CD player with a Toslink output if you already had the
receiver, but maybe you like everything else about that particular CD
player.

Adapters are usually cheap. If I want a new laptop computer that will
let me use my Firewire audio interfaces, I'm going to either have to buy
a Mac and a Thunderbolt adapter, wait for PCs with Thunderbolt ports to
become common enough so I have a wider choice than just a couple, or buy
an old new laptop computer.

Life goes on, as long as you have money or patience.

--
For a good time, visit
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com