Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] garyv52@gmail.com is offline

Default Tube Amp Question

I have a Egnater Rebel-20 guitar amp head which is very versatile along with some nice features: multi-tap output transformer, effects loop, built-in attenuator, master and gain knobs. One interesting feature which the manual claims is unique to Egnater is a "Tube Mix" control. This amp has 2 pairs of output tubes: EL84's and 6V6's. The Tube Mix control allows you to send the output to either pair or an adjustable mix of the 2 pairs. It's actually quite interesting to adjust this knob with different guitars, effects and cabinets.

With my basic understanding of how tube amps work I would have to guess this is quite a clever design. I found a schematic on the web but it wasn't clear to me how this feature is implemented. Any comments on how this was done? I'm just curious.

Gary V