Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default What Does Scott Mean?

On Mar 26, 9:07*pm, Boon wrote:
This week's entry:

I used to drink Lowenbrau when it was available for a reasonable
price (usually the swiss variety was more available than the German
(Munich if I recall) until Miller licensed US brewing rights and
killed all the other licensees imports by flooding the market with a
crappy version.

Here Scott tries to be ambitious by placing a parenthetical phrase
inside another parenthetical phrase, something I've only seen John
Kennedy O'Toole pull off successfully. If he just knew what the
bracket button on his keyboard was for, he might have matched O'Toole
(sadly, he doesn't [but then again the world would have been knocked
off its axis if he had]).

I recall the first time I thought to myself he was an idiot (about
2pid, that is, because he had written another asinine post (it took me
several asinine posts by 2pid to realize that's how he WAS, not that
he'd made a couple of simple mistakes in his reasoning (I always give
people the benefit of the doubt (at least at first)))).

Pure art, I say!