S888Wheel

Default Steely Dan The Absolute Sound

Absolute Sound
From: "Michael McKelvy"
Date: 7/20/2004 3:04 PM Pacific Standard Time

What titles are you talking about?

Every album I replaced with a CD that I owned as an LP. From Pink Floyd to
Bach.

That is far too vague an answer to be of any use.

Which LP issues did you compare them to?

See above.

Above does not begin to answer the question. You do realize that with many
titles there have been several different issues on LP and often on CD many of
which have been mastered quite differently to varying degree in excellence?

am always on the look out for better masterings. And I am quite a jazz
enthusiast.

John Handy Excursion in Blue is excellent on CD.

Anything from GRP.

What does it matter, you don't like CD sound so you'll claim your LP's out
perform the CD.

Thta's complete nonsense. I go title by title. I have never said I don't like
all CDs. You are just burning a straw man here. You OTOH seem to have dismissed
LP out of hand by claiming *every* title you replaced with a CD was superior.
Given the history of mastering of various titles on LP and CD I suyspect that
you are listening through a very biased POV or are using sub par LP playback
equipment and/or poor pressings of the LPs in question.

The problem is they don't but you like LP sound better,
even though you're missing out on the increased transient response, lower
noise and no possibility of tracking error.

I'm not missing out on anything. I have both LPs and CDs I am quite happy when
I find a better copy of any title whether it be on CD or LP, I'm afraid you are
the one who is missing out by disnmissing an entire format.

You like what you like, but it's still inferior to CD.

That doesn't even make sense. Some times with some titles I like the CD better.