Mike Rivers

In article writes:

The point is, it that it costs only a few bucks in electronic components
to produce 0.002% thd, imd, and all the rest of that wonderfully useless
1000v/us slew rate performance. Like we want to listen to FM 101 through
our mic amps.

Oh, I guess Kevin is coming from that other audio universe where a
"preamp" is something that goes between an FM tuner, cassette deck, CD
player, or phonograph, and has Volume, Balance, and Tone controls as
well as an input selector. His comment about $500 cables was the
tip-off. That is indeed an industry with a segment that runs on snake
oil.

Jim Williams' work with professional recording and production gear is
a different world where people actually do perceive actual sonic value
for money, they don't just think it sound better because it costs
more.

I think that a newsgroup adjustment is in order.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )