Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Cassette Decks

On 12/27/2011 8:09 AM, Arny Krueger wrote:
"Marc Wielage" wrote in message
.com...

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 10:37:38 -0800, Ty Ford wrote
(in article ET):

Isn't there a Pro Tools plug in that is supposed to reduce wow
and flutter
------------------------------snip------------------------------

Man, if you find out the name, let me know!

There are a couple that allow you to adjust stereo phase (adjusting for
bad
azimuth, to a point), but they're pretty rudimentary.

Not only that but the kind of phase adjustments they provide can't possibly
fully address the treble losses in each track due to poor azimuth
adjustment.

That all said, heroic attempts to recover audio from cassette tapes are
similar in concept to teaching pigs to fly. It was only the desperation of
the time that made anybody consider the cassette format as commonly
implemented to be a true high fidelity medium.

Or there are those of us who archived things on cassette in years gone by not
thinking that the content would be personally valuable in years to come. Time
changes things. I'm not one of the class who tried to use cassette for high
fidelity recordings, but I do have a lot of content for which I am willing to
spend more money than I should to retrieve the content in its best possible form.