Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default Cassette Decks

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 08:28:30 -0500, Arny Krueger wrote
(in article ) :

"Marc Wielage" wrote in message
.com...
On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 08:41:34 -0800, William Sommerwerck wrote
(in article ):

The question remains open -- how does Capstan distinguish between flutter
and vibrato?
------------------------------snip------------------------------

There is another process, the Plangent Technology "Clarity" set-up, which
claims to eliminate wow & flutter in analog recordings by analyzing the
bias
signal and fixing that. This assumes that the recording isn't a dub made
from bad source material. Since it's really just dealing with the sound
per
se, but rather with the bias, it's a pretty effective process.

The explanation here is pretty interesting:

http://www.triggertone.com/term/Clar...langent_Proces
se

I know of at least one company in LA using this to do restoration work on
old
motion pictures. To me, the theory behind this makes more sense than the
Capstan process.

Agreed with a caveat:

I suspect that people who are serious enough about restoration to invest in
Palngent will also have Capstan around. Certainly, if you can pay the
piper for Plangent process, Capstan is chump change for you.

Isn't there a Pro Tools plug in that is supposed to reduce wow and flutter

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA