Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Cassette Decks

On 12/24/2011 7:33 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:

So... How does Capstan "know" what it's listening to (analyzing)?

If they told you, they'd have to kill you. It makes some
guesses, but they're based on things that it knows about
music. I'm certain that it can be tripped up. I got a pretty
good run through with one of the developers at the AES show
and he said that it really works best on ensemble music. A
single instrument doesn't give it enough information to
apply what it knows.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff