Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Cassette Decks

"Don Pearce" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 04:06:10 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I'm curious as to how Capstan distinguishes between flutter and
vibrato -- or simply the fact that even a note played without intentional
vibrato might not have a steady pitch.

With vibrato it will be one component of the sound only (the voice)
that has the wobble. Flutter moves everything simultaneously and
equally.

Aren't you aware of how violins (for example) are played?

So... How does Capstan "know" what it's listening to (analyzing)?

And here's an example of why I'm so insistent on defining "science"
as the process of asking the right questions. These are my "right
questions" about Capstan -- Has anyone ever applied it to a purely
digital recording? If so, what happened?

In a purely digital recording, why would you need to? None of the
mechanisms that it is trying to correct exist in a purely digital
recording.

Do you see, people? Do you see why trying to get people to think critically
is a losing battle?

My two "right questions" stand.