Kevin Aylward

I'm a complete novice when it comes to electronics, so I hope the
group won't be offended by a very basic question! I'm thinking of
buying an AER AS 281 powered speaker to use as a full range foldback
monitor with my Allen and Heath ICON DP1000 mixer. The A&H balanced
foldback output is 0dBu (75 Ohms), and the AER balanced input is
0dBV (10K Ohms). As a practical matter, will the speaker properly
accept the signal as is;

Yes.

or, do I need some device (like a
transformer?) connected between the two? If I need something in
between, what do you recommend?

A cable.

Kevin Aylward

http://www.anasoft.co.uk
SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode
Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture,
Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.