rdamor

Default Best Stereo Receiver $250-300??

Hi Amy;

I agree with you, completely, but must you be so..., in your face?

Also, nice to meet a female audiofile, if that's applicable.

Cheers,

Tyco_brahe

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jose Luiz" wrote in message ...

Hey, I'm looking for a stereo receiver to replace my 5-year old Sony
STR-DE525. I'm looking primarily in the $250-300 price range but something a
bit higher or a bit lower in price is acceptable. I would prefer to buy
another Sony brand since my Playstation 2, CD changer, and portable
mini-disc player I presume would be more compatible with a Sony receiver but
I'm looking at other brands as well. I only have two speakers and use my
stereo system primarily for music, so I'm looking for something with
excellent sound and can carry a nice-sounding bass at high volumes rather
than a reciever specifically geared for a home theatre setup, though I would
like nice sound reproduction for my TV and Playstation 2 as well. The thing
I hated about my Sony STR-DE515 is that playing a song with a strong bass at
high levels always shut the receiver down and gave this 'Protector' warning
so I'm looking for something that can take stronger bass and louder volumes.
Would this be found in a higher wattage stereo receiver? Any reccomendations
for a stereo receiver around this price range (or even a lower price range)
would be much appreciated!!

Jose

You are just another delusional brain-less idiot whose been convinced
by Atkinson and his hench-men that competently designed receiver can
sound different from each other. And blue-berries grow under my
out-house. ;-(
Your gun your bullet your brain.

LOL!