Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default audicity to record streaming audio

On Mon, 04 May 2009 19:20:45 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

To my ears, the difference between 64kpbs and 128 kpbs is night and day.
The difference between 128kpbs and 192kpbs is discernible in an A/B
comparison, but not so obvious as the 64k/128k difference. Mainly I'm
listening to internet radio at work through my computer speakers, but at
home I think a 128kpbs stream sounds pretty crappy through my Magnepans vs.
CD source I am used to listening to.

It sounds like you have the kind of hearing acuity one would expect to
encounter in this kind of group, and are able to appraise it honestly.

So, go with what sounds right to you, would be my call.