George

Default Mac problem - flashing question mark? will not boot up

In article ,
"WideGlide" wrote:

Try holding the option, command and shift keys down at the same time and
restart. If that doesn't work, stick your Mac startup CD in the CD drive
and restart while holding the c key down. Stephen T. Boyke
-----------------

Thanks. I did try all those things, and still no luck. I took a look at
the rear side of the computer and it appeared that all cables were fully
inserted. But then, for the heck of it, while the computer was on (with the
flashing question mark still on the screen), I jiggled the keyboard and
trackball cables... still nothing... I then removed and reseated the
keyboard and trackball cables, and suddenly I heard the sound of the hard
drive booting up... looked up at the screen to see the computer booting up
as normal. Well... not sure why that happened, but I sure am glad that it
finally started up. This never happened before. So you mean a poor
keyboard cable connection will cause a computer to be totally disabled?
This is a first for me. Thanks.

You mac cannot find its os to boot to
you need to reinstal your operating system(start up disc)
all the files you had should still be there unless you reformat
consult Mac Help from thecomputers at your public library
this is common for people who have multiple os (8.2,9.2,10.1,10.3) on
thier system and push too many buttons too fast or shut down improperly
George