Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron C[_2_] Ron C[_2_] is offline

Default The Blenders... What ya'll think?

On 12/9/2014 9:44 PM, Jeff Henig wrote:
Jeff Henig wrote:
flatfish+++ wrote:
I think these guys sound incredible.
Great recording, production, arrangements and yes the blend of their
vocals.

IMHO, they blow all the others (Straight No Chaser for example) away.
And that ain't easy because SNC is a fantastic group as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0yr...SoYR_&index=11

Here's a live one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFPuMyesXgE

Listening in my studio on my Event ASP8 and Senny HD 800 and it
sounds fantastic.

I don't hear any Melodyne or Auto-Tune in these tunes. Occasionally I
hear what sounds like 5 part harmony though. I think it's just the
sophisticated arrangements that give the impression though.

I caught them in person around twenty years ago when I was in college.
They're the real deal.

BTW, if you get a chance, check out Pentatonix. They're ridiculously good.

Totally agree on Pentatonix. I bought their new Christmas CD yesterday.
Check this out. [IMHO, reminiscent of early Swingle Singers.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt3oAyK_IG8

==
Later...
Ron Capik