ric

Default Great *sounding* CD recommendation?

Brian Rost wrote:

If one format loses out in the format wars, or manufacturers
decide to drop a hardware format in their players, then you'll be stuck with
a bunch of unplayable CDs. It doesn't take rocket-science to figure that
one out.

This is why I'm holding out. I still own a pile of quadraphonic LPs and
open reel tapes from the 70s. Seen any quad playback hardware lately?
Anybody remember Elcassette, Philips DCC digital cassettes, dbx encoded
LPs, laserdisc, DivX...

But this argument doesn't hold water because SACD/DVD-A combo players
also play standard CDs and DVDs (which most people have now.) And hybrid
SACDs play in regular CD players. So, where is the risk?