ric

Default Great *sounding* CD recommendation?

~GT~ wrote:

I've heard those demonstrated up at Meyer-Emco. They are formats for
anal-retentive audiophiles who obsess over every note. And if it's an
old
recording, you get a lot of tape-hiss to go along with it.

Ah...the ignorant vote has been cast.

Ah, another anal-retentive audiophile. No, my subjective opinion has been
cast.

Only that in quite sujective A-B tests, only those with a tin ear could
not hear the vast difference between CD and SACD. This isn't "oxygen
free copper" Monstercable marketing stuff. This is easily heard. I feel
sorry for those whose hearing defeciency prevents them from hearing the
difference.

Besides, you have to buy two ****ing players in order to cover

? everything.
Do you have the time, money and space for that? And what happens when
one
format wins out over the other? You'll be stuck with the equivalent of
an
old laserdisc or DAT player.

So the players that play CD, SACD, DVD-A, et. al. don't really exist?

Did I say that they didn't exist at all?

Well, you said "Besides, you have to buy two ****ing players in order to
cover everything." Yes, that's what you said in your own eloquent way.

Sure there are plenty of players
that will play CD and SACD. Or CD and DVD-A, but are there many that'll
play all three?

Dozens. With more being released every day.

And how about throwing video DVD in there as well.

Careful. Your ignorance is showing, again. Most SACD players *are* DVD-V
players. And *all* combo CD/SACD/DVD-A players that I'm aware of will do
DVD-V, too.

Oh and...let's
see...MP3, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, VCD, etc...

All of the above (except maybe DVD*R/RW, I'm not sure) being included
is the norm. Kinda kills your above statement that "...And what happens
when one format wins out over the other? You'll be stuck with the
equivalent of an old laserdisc or DAT player." Are you suffering from
"foot in mouth" disease?

Gotta save on all that shelf space, ya know....

I did.

Or you have a player that will play both and you are one of the lucky (sic)
few and because you have one you think everybody else out there has one, or
is supposed to have one.

No. I was just making a suggestion to the OP, who was on a quest for
great sound. You changing your stance from your original "They are formats
for anal-retentive audiophiles who obsess over every note" ???

--
Better than hearing "Lady Day", or checking in at Monterey...