~GT~

Default Great *sounding* CD recommendation?

"ric" wrote in message ...
~GT~ wrote:

If this is the way the industry is going, then it should be standard on

ALL
players.

I've seen SACD capability on DVD players costing less than $150. SACD

Sure you have. Sony and a couple of other makers have been cutting their
hardware prices in order for you to buy their standard. I'll bet the folks
over at DVD-A are doing the same.

is a relatively new thing, but there are now over 2,000 titles available
in SACD, with more being released every Tuesday. Even Amazon now has a
SACD section. Besides, *any* CD player can play hybrid SACDs.

2,000 is still a drop in the bucket. Even after almost 25 years, standard
CDs still haven't caught up with LP cataloges.

As far as SACD hybrids are concerned, they won't play properly on my new
Kenwood CD changer. I avoid them like the plague.