Brian

Default Whatever happened to the "cheater" amps?

In all the ompetition organizations I know of, the whole cheater amp
practice caused a change in their class format..
They now use systems using number of subs, square area of subs, number of
amps, even seen some with fuse rating out there..
although my local shop still holds a power class competition

"Scott Gardner" wrote in message
What happened to the old "50W" amps that could put out 400W-800W into
a 1/2-ohm or 1/4-ohm load? I remember guys that would compete in the
IASCA "1-50 watt" class with one of these amps, a *huge* passive
crossover network, and a dozen or more speakers with an ultra-low
overall impedence.

Was the 1-50W class eliminated, or were the cheater amps just banned?

Scott Gardner