Mike Dobony

Default Can you explain this 50Hz hum??

"me" wrote in message
s.com...
I know about ground loops when it comes to driving 2 amps with one guitar,
and I know how that problem is solved. I feel this is different. I have
never dealt with a problem that involves the computer.

-brian

It is no different with a computer. However, you mentioned it is associated
with an insert. I had the same problem and it was the cable. Try a new
cable.
--
Mike D.

www.stopassaultnow.org

Remove .spamnot to respond by email

"Chris Hornbeck" wrote in

message
On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:36:49 GMT, "me" wrote:

This is so annoying. The only thing I have on are the computer and

mixer

This sounds like a classic case of ground loop. First
read the FAQ, then check back. BTW, it's called a loop
because the ground path is one turn of a big transformer.
If you break that path, no current can flow; hence, no hum.

Good fortune,

Chris Hornbeck
new email address

---