Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssmusic214@gmail.com is offline

Default Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

On Monday, July 29, 2013 8:35:28 PM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
wrote:

There is no daughter board inside. Not even single chip socket. Everything =

is on one single motherboard soldered in solid. I even cleaned every possib=

le plug in connector.

That's how cheap gear is made today. The Mackie 8-buss console is all one

huge board. But that does not mean it cannot be repaired or modified, it

just means it's a bit more work.

If you don't like it, pony up and buy an ATI. There is a reason why the

Behringer costs a tiny fraction of the cost of a professional console.

And I used both units in dozens of different venues w=

ith same results. There are already 4 units out there (and still counting) =

with EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM. Need more evidence of design flaw?

Yes, but do you have the same problem with a terminated input or only

when the input is disconnected?

Or are you routing the output of the effects unit into the same buss that

is driving it?

I don't see how any ATI gear would be any help. It has no built in FX processors. And that's where the problem is. With FX off Mixer section works perfectly fine. Still very useable as submixer on any gig.